Saturday, January 25, 2014

5 Year old Westyn

Westyn is pretty difficult to get to sit still for pictures so we're rather limited on pictures to choose from.  He knew exactly what he wanted for his birthday party and made sure I knew every detail.  Will said it's my fault for setting the bar high from previous parties I've done for Lilyanah.  When Westyn started asking for a lego batman cake with every color of the rainbow I knew Will was right.  Instead he got a white cake with a road coming off it so I could set his Lego batcave & batcar on it.  We put the candles on the corner so less pieces were ruined by his blowing them out spit.  : )  Since we were doing a little party we decided to all dress up like superheroes or villians mostly from Batman.  Daddy was Superman again but Lilyanah dressed like Cat girl, Ethne like Harley Quinn (who the kids called "Harry Queen" up until about a month ago because they thought that was her name, Westyn was obviously Batman & I'm Robin Girl wearing Ethne's tank top which explains why the R is so low.  I just love Westyn's serious face, that's what he does when you tell him to pose like Batman.  I think he's captured his essence quite well.  : )  The costumes arrived a couple of days before Westyn's party and the kids spent hours running around playing hero and villians.  You can see Batman and Harley Quinn battling it out in one of the pictures.
We had a few of Westyn's friends over for a dinner party on Sunday night, the day before his birthday.  Grandpa made an obstacle course for them to go through downstairs including a red yarn 'laser field".  It was a great way to get some energy out and entertain 5 highly energetic boys.  I don't know how we made it without getting pictures of all of them.  Mason Hinman is the son of one of the women that comes to Bible study at our home.  He and Westyn are adorable and get along perfectly.  Jackson, Trace, & Ty Sorensen also came and dressed as Captain America, Ironman & baby Superman.  Westyn loves having them over.  That's Mason in his Spiderman pajamas.  He and Westyn were taking turns trying to throw something through the ring.
 I probably don't need to point out that Westyn's costume is at least one size too big!  It should fit perfectly next Halloween, so spoiler for our next Halloween post.  I had to include a picture of Ethne in her costume with her eyes open.  With five people in our family it's nearly impossible to get a picture with everyone looking at the camera, eyes open, let alone actually smiling!  I just love her costume, the reviews on it were awful on amazon but apparently we got a good one that you'll also be seeing next Halloween.  : )  Fortunately, the costume Lilyanah chose is very versatile.  She can be Bat girl, Cat girl, a super spy, a thief, a panther. . . .  the possibilities are endless, so you'll just have to check in next Halloween to see what she chooses.
The final picture is Westyn covered in his birthday cake.  I'll admit I had a little crumb on my chin too but nothing like his face.  : )  I'm wearing a shirt that Will and I got after completing my first 5k & our first 5k together The Workforce Challenge in downtown Albany, NY. 
I can hardly believe our little Westyn is already 5 years old.  On his actual birthday I gave him the choice of what he wanted to do and as result spent over 4 hours playing Batman Lego on the Wii that Dad and Mom gave us for Christmas.  Four hours was my limit,with a headache from looking at the tv for too long I had to quit! Needless ot say, his favorite thing is anything Batman.  When I asked him his favorite colors he said yellow and black.
 Westyn is such a laid back little boy and such a joy to all of us. I am so immensely blessed not only to be his mommy, but to get to spend every day at home with him.  He has so much joy in his little heart, laughing through most of our days and most importantly will tell you how much he loves God.  In fact, when I talk to him about how much I'm going to miss him when he leaves for kindergarten next year he says, "don't worry Mommy, God is with you, you won't be alone."  If I teach him nothing else but that God is always with Him I will have done my job.  .  I feel so humbled to be raising a little man who will some day have a family of his own.  We are doing our best to try to teach him to be a gentleman and good helper around the house.  He takes being a gentleman quite seriously but REALLY does NOT like doing housework.  : (  I have my work cut out for me.  He is a very talented chef.  The kid can break eggs and stir things without spilling them all over the place.  Just the other morning he mixed pancake batter up for himself.  I was supervising of course.  Mom measured him and he and Ethne are separated now only by 1/2".  He is 45 1/2" tall and weighs about 53 lbs.  He's our little cuddler and can melt my heart as much now as the day he was born.  Thanks be to God for blessing our family with our Westyn Jack.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you again! Now I can look at NEW pictures of our sweet grandchildren (& children) anytime I open the internet! FYI--Your blog has been my "home page" at work for a LONG time! Keep the blogs coming! Love you loads!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Westyn. I'm glad you realize you have to cherish the moments as they come. Because they pass much too quickly and all of a sudden your baby boy is all grown up and lives 2,000 miles away with his own family. And for some reason he won't want to sit on your lap and cuddle anymore. Boo Hoo. Denise told me last night that you were blogging again. Glad to hear it. Love ya, Aunt Mona

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWE.....my sweet lil Westyn 5!!!!!

    ReplyDelete