Sunday, July 24, 2011

Floor Sleepers


I'm seriously unimpressed with the quality of pics from my iphone, but I still love this one of our little man in his room when his bed was still on the floor.  On the upside, he had more room to ride around on his truck before the bed came on Tuesday.  So, as of Tuesday Westyn was the first one in our family to get to sleep off the floor in our new house, lucky kid!
So here's his new diggs.  I gave Lilyanah the opportunity to take her nap on the top bunk today but after getting all settled up there she decided it was too dangerous a place to be in case of a fire.  Seriously!?  We've tried to prepare the kids for what to do 'IN CASE' of a fire, apparently I was a little too informative for Lilyanah. 


Friday, Will & I ended our nights of floor sleeping, yea!!!  Our bed was finally delivered & it's SO beautiful!  Unfortunately I still can't find my camera so the only pics I have are from my iphone & just don't do the details justice.  The curtains are the ones that were in our living room in Twin, dining room in Kimberly & now they've graduated to the bedroom here in Malta.  I'd love to put them in the living room or dining room here but I have a design dilemma wherever I put it.  In the bedroom I have to get a comforter/duvet cover to go with the curtain design.

My baby found a beautiful HUGE mirror that's the same espresso finish.  I don't have a pic with it yet but when I will once I figure out where to put it.  I wanted it to the left of the window but our air vents are on either side and would be covered up so it's a no-go.   Any ideas on what I should do with this bed wall?  There's only about 4 feet above the headboard to where the vaulted ceiling starts.  . . .


 Here's the last pic of the bedroom looking out into the hall.  The closed door is our walk-in-closet.  Westyn is reading THE ABSOLUTE CUTEST book that my dear, sweet friend Michele Hammons sent us.  Thank you again much missed friend, the kids LOVE it, it's came as a 'Tickle Monster Laughter Kit' book by Josie Bissett.  There are gloves you put on to tickle the kiddos with, seriously cute! 

Here's the dining room part of the great room.  If I were to put the curtains down here I'd have to figure out something else that matches for the other set of windows & patio door since I don't even know if I could find this fabric again, one downfall to making your own curtains.  Thank you for all the advice thus far sweet friends!

  Just thought I'd throw in one more pic of the house from a different angle.  The tree is in front of the window to Will's office.  We're starting to see grass but at this point it just looks  like a messed up chia pet.  : )

 Just thought I'd throw in a pic of the kiddos on our morning walk with the dogs.  There are so many great trails all around us & in the morning the mosquitoes aren't out yet.  The kids love it as you can tell by their faces.  : ) 
The day got up into the 90's, so the kids played in their new little pool while Will worked on sanding their loft bed (CRAZY big project that I worked on most of the day today).  He took a break though to work with Lilyanah on riding her bike.   Our tender hearted princess doesn't like how the bike teeters when 'she's so far up' . . .  She does great on flat surfaces, there just aren't many of those in our cul-de-sac but we'll get there when she's ready.  : )  Our goal was to finish their bed today but Will hurt his back & I am just not as talented at sanding as he is.  I really wanted for all of us to be ex-floor sleepers by tonight but looks like it'll be another day or two before the girls join the club. 

And now to catch some zzzzzzzzz's in my comfy new bed OFF the floor.  On an off-subject, I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow, do any of you have a great healthy recipe that your kiddos love?  Tonight we had  'banana dogs' for dinner.  Yep, peanut butter spread on wheat bread wrapped around a banana.  It was a new, "I need to go shopping, busy mommy" meal but the kids LOVED it so you gotta know I'll be doing it again.  : )  Okay, now I really am going. . .  Love you all!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful house Wendy. We just wish it were a little (or a lot) closer to Newberg. Love and miss ya. Aunt Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Lilyanah and her daddy on the bike! He looks like a bald "little" kid! Actually I love all the pictures with people I love in them! Keep 'em coming! Wish I was there! Love ya loads, Mom

    ReplyDelete