Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Westyn's Love Letter

The other night after tucking the kids in I found this on my side of the bed, my love letter from Westyn.  It made me smile like when I'd find knick knacks Lilyanah hid in my shoes when she was a baby.  : )  Westyn still loves his letters.  Last night he was cuddling with Daddy, writing on his drawing board and actually drew "R P W"  then pointed and said the letters to Will.  He's growing up SO fast!  Lately one of my favorite things he's saying is, "I got this."  He still says, "Help, I'm stuck!" when he's somewhere he doesn't want to be, though not nearly as much as he use to.    When he's hungry he goes to the fridge and asks me to , "Open door" and gets giddy when he sees fruit, especially berries.  He calls strawberries, 'stawbehee cake'.  (Chalk it up to having sisters who watch strawberry shortcake on occasion.)  Right now it seems like that's all he wants to eat, I think he's in his 'anti-meat' phase.

 

On Saturday he decided to design his own workout which included carrying this chair around on his back.  Guess he's trying to develop muscles like his daddy!  He loves getting under things. . . boxes, laundry baskets, you name it.  As I'm typing he's at the end of the bed laying under a laundry basket.  I love it when the kids are easily entertained!


Yesterday we had a playdate playing in a pool with friends.  When we got home Westyn crawled up in our bed and was playing with a clock Meme brought on her last visit.  I listened to him play while I fed the girls a little snack (he didn't want to come down to eat),  and then there was silence.  This is what I found when I got up to our room & Ethne wanted to be in the pic.  (The clock is between his knees.)  I don't even remember the last time Westyn fell asleep in the middle of playing out of sheer exhaustion!  So precious to me!  (Wish it happened more often!)  And now, to carpe diem!

2 comments:

  1. How adorable! That must be some workout for Westyn; it seems like it would hurt his back. His hair is sure staying blonde! Please give them all hugs and kisses from Grandma!! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man Wend, you're breaking my heart! I just read your last 3 posts because I've been outside civilization for over a week (wedding & houseboat). I miss your kids! That pic for Corey's birthday is SO adorable! I need to call and talk to them soon. Please give hugs and kisses from me. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete